Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Can you tell?

I'm sure my not so stellar mood has been coming out in my recent posts.

Everything seems to have a negative tone to it.

I really hope to lift my spirits soon.

I'm down. But I'm not out.

I have decided....to take a quick trip with the kiddos to see my family.

YES!

I am going to take that SIX+ hour drive out alone with the kiddos.

I did it once . So I can indeed do it again.

THIS time it won't be in the midst of the sweltering summer heat.

I mean, the kids have Spring Break this coming week. I didn't have any other plans for them. All they'd end up doing is playing together here at the house while I worked for a bit each day. THAT ends up being VERY boring for them after a couple days. So a trip out for a few days is just what they and I need to make it through the week.

But as before, I will only drive during the daytime. No night driving for me. My eyes get too tired. My contacts end up feeling gritty and dry. NOT the best combination for driving at night.

I called my Mom and my two sisters to make sure they didn't have any pressing plans. Nobody does. So we'll all be able to hang out together. YEAH!

I'll try to get some good shots of LilSis's belly -- remember that she's pregnant? Did I mention that? And she's due in June. So she's well into her 2nd trimester.

I took a look at the Weather Channel online and it looks like it'll get down into the upper 40's at night and hover in the mid-60's during the day. Looks like shorts and sweatshirt weather to me! Or maybe jeans and a tshirt. Huh. Doesn't matter. I'll be in San Diego! Woohoo!

I'm very excited to be going out there.

My family.

They'll hopefully be able to get me back to an even keel.

No comments: