Sunday, September 27, 2009

Nothing gets in the way for my baby

Even though I was in the ER this week, we continued to move forward. We decided to have the Princess' birthday celebration. What was planned a month ago? We invited the Hubs family over for lunch, then the Princess' invited a few girls for a sleepover.

Since I was just in the hospital, I decided to downscale my usual cleaning routine. Yes. I did. I ended up just doing the laundry, sweeping the downstairs, wiping all the wood cabinets and furniture down, and cleaning the 3 bathrooms.

My MIL, FIL, and SIL came down with my BIL's son (who is 11 months old) around 11am. We had a simple summer lunch - hot dogs, brats, burgers, home-made fries, potato salad and fruit. They hung out and it turns out that they knew I'd been in the hospital. On their birthdays, the kids typically talk to all the family. On Thursday night, the Princess happened to let it slip to my BIL (who is in Utah) that "we're just driving home from visiting Mom at the hospital..." Of course, this sets off the chain reaction to the rest of the family and my MIL called the Hubs on Friday morning when he was at work. I ended up having to explain the entire incident to the Hubs' family on Saturday. But at least this visit was less abrasive than most. They left around 2:30pm because my nephew was tired. T-I-R-E-D!

Around 5pm, the girls started to arrive. I invited each parent/family into our house so they could see where the girls would be sleeping/hanging out. There was one girl's parents who was SO happy because they were going on a full 'date night'. Woohoo! The other Mom was spending one-on-one time with her son. I'm not sure what the last gal was going to do, but she was happy that her daughter (who was new this year) was invited to a sleepover.

Around 5:45pm, the girls and I piled into my car to go down to the local pizza joint. The girls sat in a booth together and I sat in the next one. I wanted them to have the ability to 'chat' without me hindering their interaction. They just ended up having a large cheese pizza. Yes. Four pre-teen girls consumed a large pizza by themselves. I had a tiny pizza myself. What was great was that this pizza place had a lower half-wall with some chalk paint on it. So while we were waiting for our food and after they'd eaten, the girls were decorating the half-wall like crazy. It was too cute listening to them giggle continously.

We arrived at the movie theater around 6:50pm and got our popcorn and drinks. Of course, the girls decided to sit at the VERY top row of the theater. We watched "Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs" in 3-D. And since it was an animated movie showing in the evening, the theater was not crowded at all. The girls ate their popcorn, talked, and giggled until the movie started. I sat in another row with the Hubs and the Bear, who drove in separately since they didn't go to the pizza place with us. After the movie, the girls decided to take photos in one of those kiosk booths. They ended up decided to take enough photos so that they'd each have a souvenir of the night. Good idea, eh?

When we got back to the house, the girls had some cupcake-cake after they sang "Happy Birthday" and then opened presents. Then they changed into their jammies and brushed their teeth. They watched "Hannah Montana: The Movie". Then they chatted & giggled for a LONG time. Since our family room is right next to the master? I heard every conversation and every giggle. Oy! Around 12:45am, I walked out and said that they needed to go to sleep. And you know what? They did.

It's only 8:15am and the girls? No. They are not still sleeping. They've been up since 7am. They're just finishing breakfast now. They were busy painting each other's toenails and fingernails. After they eat, they'll finish their nails. Then they'll change. And then probably play Wii until the scheduled 10am pick-up. Whew!

So even though I was in the hospital just a couple days ago? I sucked it up and had the parties for my girl. Because I'll do anything for her (and my son and my husband). They are the ones I love to my deepest core and I don't let anything stand in the way of their happiness.

No comments: