Wednesday, August 18, 2004

More on the friend post...

It makes me a little sad but I just remembered what the assistant teacher said to me before we left from the school. Turns out that most of the girls in the Princess' class know each other. They were all in the same class last year, so they all know each other. I just hope these girls are being nice to my Princess. My heart just aches at the thought of her feeling sad about not being friends with these other girls. She doesn't even remember any of their names. I don't even know if any of them have spoken to her. I can't believe I'm crying as I'm typing this. I don't want her to feel left out or alienated! Is it Mommy guilt that I'm feeling? Yeah, I guess it is.

But one highlight is that after her prayers tonight she and I chatted like normal. She said "Megan is my best friend Mommy!" and she said it with a HUGE smile on her face.

No comments: