Sunday, August 15, 2004

Reading...who knew I had the time?

I've been craving to get some reading done this last week. I don't have the space to keep books, so I had to get to our local library. I figured that I'd be able to on Saturday (yesterday). When my Bear was taking a nap and my Princess was watching a DVD with Daddy, I headed out. I got a library card and began to browse up and down the aisles to see what was available. Oh...to go and just walk up and down the aisles of a quiet library was fantastic! I hadn't done that in ages it seems. I didn't know how long it would take me to read a book, so I only checked out three of them. I didn't realize the check-out period was THREE weeks! Anyway, I brought the books home and started on the first. I finished that one about 10 hours later. I picked up the second and finished that this morning about 8am. I got to the third and just finished that one up (3:30pm). I didn't get any difficult books though. I picked out some easy reads. I wasn't sure I'd be able to carve out some uninterrupted time for myself so that's why I picked out these books. I think I'll stick to the light reading for now. I just need an escape from reality and these easy reads fit the bill.

What did I read? (1) The Last Juror - John Grisham (2) The Cottage - Danielle Steele and (3) Ladies with Options - Cynthia Hartwick

Now how did I get through those books so quickly? Well, last night instead of curling up on the couch with my hubby watching the Olympics I sat and read. While I read my hubby puttered around on the computer. So we sat quietly in our bedroom doing our own thing but we were together. It was a nice way to spend our weekend night. I must say that it was relaxing. The only unfortunate thing is that meant less time on the computer for me. Now I'm going to have to drop by the library this week (maybe tomorrow) to grab more books!

What I found interesting is that this particular library branch has a TON of books on tape and a bunch of videos as well. I'm going to have to spend some time alone checking out that section of the library.

No comments: