Monday, October 11, 2004

Big feet

Have I ever mentioned what big feet my Bear has? They are some chubby-wubbies! They are meating up on top of his feet. They're also WIDE. His toes seem to all line up in a row (well pretty much)! We call them "Barney Rubble" feet.

Anyway, I always have to buy wide shoes for him. I've been trying to get him some Nike Picos (photo below) but I couldn't find them. So, I ended up having to order them on-line from Famous Footwear. They should arrive sometime this week.

I happened to be in Target (love that store) this morning looking for a birthday gift. The Princess and I are going to her best friend's 4th birthday party this Saturday. Anyway, I was browsing around like I normally do and found the cutest little shoes for my Bear! They look like the photo below. I got them in a deep chocolate brown. What's great about them is that they're slip-ons - easy on and easy off!

All Weather Mocs

He's already got these fantastic soft leather booties from Buskins, which we've nicknamed his "Texas shoes". Aren't they the cutest?

So my little boy will have some rugged looking shoes to add to his "all boy" wardrobe. He's got lots of red, white, and blue in his clothes, which he looks fantastic in. So all his shoes (yeah...all 3 pair) will coordinate really well with whatever he's wearing.

Let me just say what inspired me to write this is that when I went to try the shoes on him when I got home, he hasn't let me take the new Target shoes off. He's strutting around in them. Yes! He's strutting! After he's walked around them for about 10 minutes, he stopped in between my hubby and I. He bent over, touched his shoes, and said "Shoes" Clear as day! That was the first time he's said that!

No comments: