Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Open your eyes!

Oh my husband! Why is it that you cannot search for things thoroughly?

I'm sure I'm not the ONLY one who's got a husband who performs the cursory search. You know what I'm talking about. When he's trying to look for something and does a once over. His head is moving around but he's not really seeing??? It's so annoying!

Then there's the other issue of asking me where things are. "Honey, where is my comb?" "Hon? Where is that blue button-down shirt of mine?" It's YOUR item, why don't YOU know where it is?

Okay, okay, sometimes he'll be looking for something else. "Honey, where is the bottle opener?" It's in the knife drawer where it always is." "Ummm, I don't see it." [I pull open the drawer. Look all the way in it. Pull out the bottle opener. Hand it to my hubby] "What was it doing all the way in there like that?"

The latest example of his shoddy searching skills occurred on Sunday and yesterday. His training class is up in Salt Lake City. It's a little cooler up there than it is down here in Tucson, so my hubby had to unpack some "winter" clothes on Sunday. He opened the two large packing boxes we've got in our bedroom in search of clothing. The one box was marked "Winter Clothes" in his writing. The other box was unmarked. He opened the first box and pulled out what he needed. He then turned to me and said "What's in this other box?" I thought to myself, how the heck am I supposed to know? It's unmarked! I just shook my head and shrugged my shoulders. He opened the one side (since it was taped shut) and peered in. "Oh, it's houseware stuff" and put the box back up against the corner. I'm thinking houseware stuff? I would have unpacked it if it was houseware stuff because if we didn't need it then the stuff should be in storage....

Yesterday, my hubby got all his stuff packed. His flight wasn't until 3pm, so he took the day off so he could get some last relaxing moments in before he was away from home. We left the house about 1:30 to get him to the airport. As I was strapping the kiddos into their carseats, he turns to me and says "I forgot my leather jacket!" He does an about face and walks back to the townhouse. The kids and I waited for what I felt was a long time before he returned empty handed. I thought "Where the heck was the jacket?" He got into the car and said "I think I left the jacket is in storage." I thought he'd unpacked the jacket and that it was hanging up. Oh well!

Well today I looked into that 2nd box -- the one that was not labeled. I actually pulled back both flaps of the box and looked inside. The "houseware item" he saw was the base of the computer monitor. What was under the monitor? CLOTHING! The first layer was some of the Bear's sweats. The rest of it my hubby's stash of jackets. Yes! His leather jacket was on top!

I'm hoping REAL hard that it's cool as heck up in Salt Lake this week. I hope that dork freezes his tooshie! If he'd only taken a real look into the box he would have seen that it was full of HIS crap. That's what he gets for not doing this thoroughly! HA!

No comments: