Saturday, October 9, 2004

Negative tidbits in my brain this week

Yes, I've had more than a few nasty thoughts running through my brain this week. I've been a cool cat. I've kept most of my negativity to myself this week. Well... when it relates to my hubby.

Here are a few thoughts:

You just threw in two ice cubes into your glass of soda. Okay, that's fine. What? You've left one ice cube in the bucket? Why didn't you empty out the two ice cube trays so the bucket would be full. Then we could be freezing more cubes.

Now then. You've used more ice. Did you empty out the two trays into the bucket like you should have earlier? Nope! You've used that last one in the bucket and chipped out two more out of one of the trays. What the hell?

[Rolling over in bed] I suddenly realize why I've rolled over. You've gotten up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. You do your business and what? You don't close the door as the toilet is still flushing. It's too damn loud man! Why didn't you wait in there a couple more seconds until the toilet finishes cycling? You know how sensitive I am to sound at night!

A sense of caution comes about me as I half-wake laying in bed facing you. I realize that you're about to roll over towards me. And what is that? An arm in the air? It's coming down on my head! I raise my arm to my eyes to block an elbow in my eye. Call it my 6th sense on danger????

Don't do it! Don't do it! Don't let those children of ours eat their Nutri-grain bars outside the kitchen! Not on the carpet! Damn! Damn! Damn! You did do it! Frick! Where the heck is that vacuum?

Can you not feel all the crumbs under your feet as your walking through the kitchen? Why can't you take out the foxtail & dustpan from under the sink & take two minutes to sweep that crud up?

Fine, you wiped the island. How much cleanser did you use? The island is about 4ft x 2ft....& you only sprayed once? You think that's enough cleanser to fully clean it? Then what the heck is your wiping technique? I can see spray that hasn't been wiped. I can see sections of the island that are still UN-wiped. Didn't your mom teach you to go over a place more than once?

From the wiping technique comes the vacuuming technique. He didn't vacuum this week. Dang it! When WAS the last time he used that vacuum? Months ago at least! Well, for some reason he's one of those folks that seems to think vacuuming is a race. He thinks one pass over a section of carpet/rug is enough. Doesn't he know that you're supposed to go over the carpet/rug twice - and that's a minimum? Then you need to go over the carpet at different directions. Additionally, you need to go forward and backward at a relatively slow pace. No throwing the vaccum forward and back like a whip -- you're not Zorro! Slow & steady!

Is that enough complaining?

What kind of dumb stuff does your spouse do on a regular basis?

No comments: