Thursday, October 14, 2004

So far it's been okay

I'm surviving my time alone with my kids so far. My hubby will be home Saturday evening, so I have almost two full days left of "single parent" time. What's been the worst thing is that I haven't been sleeping well. I'm tired (that's for sure), but I've been restless. Every time I roll over I end up waking myself up.

There's one thing that I started this week that I think I'll continue to do. I've been setting my alarm for 6am and getting myself organized. I get my face washed and start the coffee. I get whatever dishes & utensils that we'll need for breakfast out. I get a sippy and glass of milk ready for the kiddos. Then I sit and drink my coffee and try to watch whatever I've taped from the previous night.

Of course, I have had to yell at the kids since Monday. Yes, I do yell. Luckily, I'm not one to yell and yell and yell. We all have seen that happen in public. It's only when the two are not listening after I've told them to stop whatever activity. The Princess has been jumping and walking all over the couch. It's NOT the best example for the Bear -- who isn't the most careful. Then there's the wrestling ON the couch. Then there's the need to squelch the sassy talk that comes out when the Princess is tired.

Tomorrow is a preschool day! I'll have a few hours alone with the little guy. We'll be headed out to his Movers & Shakers class after dropping the Princess off at school. He always ends up so exhausted after the class that he ends up falling asleep. That means I'll have to put him down for a late afternoon nap. No worries...just as long as he gets some sleep.

But let me tell you that the Bear is sporting a new buzz cut. I had them use the clippers and buzzed his hair off. It's so short but the poor stylist was having such a time trying to cut the Bear's hair. The little guy kept on moving and crying...it was a big old mess. Of course, he quickly recovered once he was out of my lap and walking around on his own. He definitely looks like a BOY rather than a baby.

I just wanted to check in and say that I am surviving the time alone. Can you believe that my hubby hasn't called me every night to check in on us? I know that he's relishing in the quiet of his hotel room and getting to bed early (he told me 8:30pm!!!!) every night. Well he'd better relish in the quiet now because when he gets home he's not going to have any right to complain!

No comments: