Friday, October 22, 2004

Starbucks...they can be so nice!

The Bear and I visited a Starbucks on Wednesday after dropping off the Princess at preschool. We went in so that he could burn some energy. It was a newer Starbucks in our neighborhood. It actually had a drive-thru in it (there are only 3 drive-thrus in my city). Anyway, we went in and before I put in my order I happened to glance at the menu board. What the heck?

Starbucks guy: "Good morning! May I help you?"

Me (frowning): "Where is the Gingerbread Latte? You don't have it yet?"

SG: "Oh, the national launching is November 1st."

Me (pouting): "Oh no! I guess I'll have the Pumpkin Spice Latte then."

SG (looking at me with sympathy): "I've got the ingredients for the Gingerbread Latte...."

Me (looking hopeful): "You do????"

SG (whispering): "If you really want one, then I can make one for you."

Me: "Yes, I really need one."

SG (punching numbers into the register): "Hhmmm... they've already got it programmed into the register! That'll be $x.xx"

Me (walking away to find table)

SG: "Grace...garbled garbled latte!"

Me: "Thank you so much! Have a great day!"


Today there was another Starbucks moment. Yes, I visited it again today but I went to the drive-thru near our soon to be new house as the Bear was passed out cold in his carseat (I'll be giving more info on this later).

I placed my order at the speaker. I drove around & there were only 2 cars ahead of me. I finally got to the window. The gal gives me the total. I pay. She hands over the pumpkin loaf that I ordered & says "Your coffee will be ready in just a minute." I sit waiting. I sit some more. There are now 2 cars behind me. The gal comes over & hands me a slip of paper as she says, "I'm so sorry. Your order was put to the side. They're making it now. Since you had to wait so long your next coffee will be on us."

A FREE coffee! ANY size! Woohoo!

No comments: