Saturday, October 23, 2004

Saturday to ourselves

The Princess and I have been running around all day so far (it's about 3:15pm).

Our day started as planned. The four of us had breakfast at Bruegger's Bagels. One of usually picks up the bagels and we eat them at home, but today we ate there. Both kids were in good spirits. I made sure to share my egg & sausage with them, as I know that they'll both need some fuel (other than bread&cream cheese) to get through today. My hubby and the Bear took off for his parents' house by 8:30am. So the Princess and my day alone without the boys had begun! Woohoo!

We headed out to Target first. It's like the only shopping open that early in the morning. We selected a pirate costume for the Princess for Halloween. She'd mentioned about 2 weeks ago that she wanted to be a pirate so I was ecstatic to find a girl's pirate costume on the racks. We meandered through the Halloween area looking at all the decorations. I'm already planning on visiting Target on Monday, November 1st, to pick up leftovers to pack away for next Halloween. We'll be in the new house next year, so I want to get goodies at the low, discounted rate.

We then headed to Old Navy, since they were having a 50% off specific merchandise. It was so weird being able to select clothing AND try the stuff on. When I'm shopping with the whole gang I feel rushed. With just the Princess, I feel more relaxed. She's old enough to wait patiently. She and I chatted while I was trying on the 10 pairs of pants I'd grabbed off the racks. I ended up with only two. I got a pair of pale khakis and a pair of dressier black slacks. I would have purchased a few more things but I didn't have the cash.

We then stopped by a pumpkin place. It was just a huge tent set up in an old parking lot but it worked just fine. There was no one else in there, so the Princess had a blast checking out all the piles of pumpkins. She selected one for the Bear, one for herself, and I selected the one for me and my hubs. We're not going to cut them up. We're going to draw on them with permanent markers. This way we can have them around for a while. I know that the cut up ones tend to rot pretty quickly & they also attract bugs (which we definitely don't want). She also picked out a couple small ears of colorful dried corn to decorate the kitchen.

We headed home after that. I wanted to check out times that certain theaters were showing Shark Tale. Yes, that's the one I decided to take her to. Luckily, we swung by the house so I could check on-line because the first show was at 11:35am! It was already 10:50am, so we just had enough time to swing by the bank to get more cash and drive on over to the theater.

We got to the theater and got a hot dog, popcorn, and some Punch (our lunch). We sat in the bottom row -- the handicap section. I didn't want to disturb anyone if she had to go to the bathroom. Also, that area had more space in the event that she got tired of sitting (which she did). She was able to walk back and forth along that open walkway. She enjoyed the movie & I hope she remembers this first movie experience with Mommy.

We then headed to Blockbuster to trade out the DVDs we'd rented on Tuesday. The Princess selected a Blues Clues video. There wasn't anything new that I wanted to see, so I picked out an old sci-fi movie. Right now the Princess is relaxing watching Blues Clues & eating a PB&J sandwich with milk.

We'll be headed out to my hubby's boss's house around 5:45pm. So our day is NOT done yet. I just needed a break from all our running around. I'm just tuckered out!

How has your Saturday played out?

No comments: