Saturday, October 16, 2004

Would you have called?

It's 5pm and I've just got the kiddos into their shoes. I had called for some pizza and we were headed out to pick it up. Wouldn't you know it? The phone rings! Who is it you ask? It's my SIL. Oy!

SIL: "Hi, it's SIL! How are you doing?"

Me: "Fine"

SIL: "Have you had a hard week by yourself?" [remember my hubby is out of town]

Me: "Oh, it's been fine. We've been keeping busy." [the Bear is pissed & crying on my left hip]

SIL: "So what are you guys up to?"

Me: "The kids and I were just about to step out and get some dinner."

SIL: "Oh, is my brother around?"

Me: "No. He's not getting back until tomorrow night."

SIL: "Oh! I didn't realize he'd be gone so long."

Me: "Yeah...."

SIL: "Ummmm.....I wanted to ask him for some financial advice. Just let him know I called. "

Me: "Well, why don't you call his cell phone? He should be available." [I'm thinking...DUH!]

SIL: "Oh yeah....can I have that number?" [my hubby emailed everyone our new cell #s when we got our phones]

Me: "It's ###..."

SIL: "Thanks!"


Couple of questions for you...

If you were email'd a family member's cell phone number, wouldn't you immediately save it on your cell phone and/or write it down in your phone book?

If you called someone and they had a crying child, wouldn't you get to the point of the call quickly?

If you needed financial advice, would you call a family member at 5pm on a Friday?

No comments: