Friday, November 19, 2004

The heater saga continues...

Conversation at 10:30am this morning....

Me: Hello?

Repair Guy: Hi. Mrs Me? It's the Repair Guy.

Me: Hi, what's up? [I'm thinking about a good time for him to come by for the install]

Repair Guy: Upon further inspection of the equipment, we're going to need XXX also.

Me: Okay.

Repair Guy: That means we won't be able to install it until Monday.

Me: [I'm thinking...What the hell!]

Repair Guy: I apologize for the inconvenience. We're got XXX piece ordered.

Me: So where is XXX piece coming from?

Repair Guy: It's coming from AAA (which is two hours drive). The delivery truck that comes already left today.

Me: So when is XXX piece supposed to arrive on Monday?

Repair Guy: Around noon. We get our deliveries by noon every day.

Me: So we'll be without heat another 3 nights?

Repair Guy: Yes. I apologize again for the inconvenience.

So many things are wrong with this entire situation.

First...I don't think he had an 8am appointment on Thursday. Then he didn't even show up when he promised at 9am. He showed up at 10:30am!

Second...What repair guy doesn't have a fuse in his on-hand supplies? It's not like he doesn't service the rest of the units in this complex. Shouldn't he have basic supplies for our heating units on-hand?

Third...I don't think he needed a fuse to determine what was wrong. I told him the unit was making a funny sound, then the funny smell. A blown fuse wouldn't make the assembly make strange noises.

Fourth...Why didn't he pull the equipment out when he came out at 10:30am on Thursday? If he had then he could have ordered the needed supplies and it all could have been delivered at noon today and installed today.

Fifth...Why did it take all day to get back here to finish the job? He said he'd return around mid-day, but didn't show until 5:30pm.

Sixth...Why didn't he and his sidekick look closely at the assembly last night so they'd be sure to order all the right equipment? Did he really think that the cursory look they did last night in the semi-darkness was enough? If they'd taken the time to thoroughly look at the assembly last night, they could have ordered all the repair supplies this morning. Then the items would have been delivered by noon and could be installed today.

Seventh...We'll be without heat for 5 full nights (Wednesday through Sunday)...and it's about 45 degrees at night!

I'm so pissed out of my mind. It's already 1:30pm and I'm still so mad I feel like my head is about to explode.

I don't want apologies. I want results. If he'd been more professional (on the ball) then we'd have heat tonight. Not 3 nights from today.

Once the heat is fixed I'm going to make calls to the property management and the heating company. I'm going to let them know how unprofessional their representatives have been in this situation.

Anyone want to kick someone's ass for me?

No comments: