Friday, November 5, 2004

The worst way to wake up

To hear the sound of a diaper waltzing across the bedroom. The bedroom? Not just any bedroom. The Princess' bedroom.*

The diaper sound came from my Bear walking across the room.

The next thing I know he's on me. He's in my face. He's saying "HI!"

Oy! This is NOT the way to wake me up!

I hadn't slept well in my daughter's room. My hubby decided to send the Bear into his sister's room to wake me up. Ummm... Honey, you know she despises her brother in her room, right? Of course, the Princess woke up pissed off because her brother bothered to wake her up out of a sound sleep (at 7:15am). Horrors!

Honey, couldn't you have walked into the room and whispered to me that you needed to head out to work? I would have gotten up quietly so the Princess could sleep another 30 minutes. I would have given the Bear his breakfast. But that didn't happen this time.

The result of this horrible wake-up? A PO'd Princess....AND a PO'd Mommy.

* I spent Wednesday night in my daughter's bedroom. Yes, she has a cold/cough. She woke about 12:45am coughing up a storm. I ran across the townhouse and got her some water. She drank it and wanted me to lay with her. Not wanting her to be upset (since she wasn't feeling well), I pulled the comforter out of the closet & plopped into her bed. She snored up a storm since she was congested. It wasn't only on the inhale...it was on the exhale too!

No comments: