Wednesday, December 8, 2004

Card distribution

Why is it so hard?

My cards are still on hold. Why? Because we're trying to track down addresses. Yes, in this day and age folks forget to tell you when they move. The TRAVESTY of it all!

Am I being anal? It would be nice if folks would send a card or even an email regarding their new residence. Even when we were time crunched to move here in a 2 week span, I managed to get Change of Address photocards mailed out the first week we got here!

The biggest offenders of this? Family. Namely...my husband's family. They seem to think that "word of mouth" is the best for of communication. Excuse me? Who can manage to decipher the gossip from the real important stuff? It's hard to tune-in and tune-out of what my MIL is saying people.

I guess a couple of my hubby's cousins moved in together. His father's sister moved to Florida. His other aunt no longer lives with her boyfriend. His Grandma was on a long-term visit out of the country, but where is she now? The list changes every year.

Then there's trying to get my hubby to GET the information from his mother. Oy! The man can't even seem to get the addresses of the people at his office! I've been requesting this stuff since Thanksgiving people!

I've got my handy-dandy Excel spreadsheet updated as far as it can go with the addresses I've got on hand. I've already placed an "X" next to the names for the folks whose cards are ready to go. And yes. I've got a tab for every year since 1999 with the addresses where I sent the cards. And yes. I've got an "X" in a column when I receive a card from people. Keeps me organized!

Now if only the rest of these clods would get into gear and get organized! Ba-hum-bug! Merry Christmas! Ha!

P.S. Happy Chanukah!

No comments: