Wednesday, December 8, 2004

Ever changing weather

Monday was a cold & rainy day. It rained ALL day. Not something you'd expect in Arizona, eh?

Tuesday was clear & sunny. But COLD! The high for the day was 58 degrees. Brrr.. What was wonderful was that because it was such a clear day, we were able to see all the snow that the previous day had left behind. It came down about halfway down the Catalina mountains (in some parts). For those of you who know my town, then you know that it's an amazingly beautiful sight. I was so bummed that I didn't have my camera in my car as the kids and I did errands.

Today it'll be about 62 degrees. At 10am, it was still only 49 degrees. But it's warm enough for the snow to melt up in the mountains. There is still some hanging in there in the back and at the very tops though. But I'm sure it'll all be gone in the next day or so.

Tomorrow it'll be up in the high 60s. This weekend, they've projected 70s as the high.

But I'm just glad that we're able to relish in the cool weather and NOT have to deal with driving in the snow. We can look at it from afar and just consider how beautiful it looks. We don't have to shovel it. We don't have to deal with freezing cold & wet feet. We don't have to deal with it as it melts. We just see the purity of it as it tries to linger on the mountains up high against the bright blue sky.

No comments: