Saturday, December 18, 2004

Carseat antics

I know I've mentioned it before. How the Princess loves to sing. To sing her own songs?

Well, this afternoon after lunch she decided to start belting out the tunes. I had just turned around and asked the Bear if the sun was in his eyes. The Princess looks at me with a twinkle in her eye. Suddenly, our car is filled with song.

"Oh....the Bear has sun in his eyes...Cover your face... So the sun doesn't shine in your eyes... Poor Bear... He's got the sun in his eyes..."

What's the funniest is that there's no real tune to this song. It's pretty much monotone.But at least it's got a beat to it.

What's even funnier? Is that she was using her left hand to keep the beat. She was doing a variety of movements. Twisting her wrist. Opening and closing her fingers. So funny.

It was immensely amusing for me.Once she stopped singing. Basically...pausing...I started to clap.

[I'm laughing in my head as I'm typing this]

What did she do? She did a bow. A bow in her carseat! She did the hand movements that she learned in her hula class (months ago). She touched her fingertips on both hands to her lips. She extended her arms in front of her with her palms facing out with her middle & index fingertips touching. She also lowered her head.

I couldn't help but crack up hysterically. Then she looked up at me and smiled.

THEN she belted out another song! This time she had both arms going to the beat. What's the funniest thing about this? Is that the Bear started to copy her arm movements. He had both arms moving as he's peering to his left at her. Watching her movements and trying SO hard to copy her.

It was such a great ride home.


No comments: