Sunday, December 19, 2004

It's a wrap!

My hubs took the Princess to his office yesterday for the couple of hours that the Bear was taking his nap.

What did I do? I wrapped. wrapped. WRAPPED!

I was a maniac. I put on "I, Robot" for some entertainment and got all but 4 items festive looking. What kind of wrapping paper did I use? I made sure to wrap the gifts that are toys to my kids (which'll be from Santa) all with one kind of wrapping paper. All the gifts that we are giving to family members are all wrapped in a totally different wrapping paper. This is how I keep the illusion of Santa. Also, I know that if we keep to only two kinds of paper, photos of the tree look so much nicer. Our tree (the one that's in storage and is too big for the townhouse) only has three colors: soft gold, cream, and burgundy. So I tend to buy paper that doesn't clash with those colors. Anal? Yeah...that's me!

Anyway, I also was able to hide all the gifts safely away. On the topmost shelf in our master closet, I stacked my kids gifts. I threw a couple beach towels on top of them. My kids never look up THAT high, so I know they're safely hidden. In a moving box on the floor of our room, I put all the other gifts (family gifts). That box had been sitting there on our bedroom floor empty for a couple weeks. The kids never messed with it, so I'm sure the gifts are safe in there.

Whew! It was a marathon, but I'm glad it's done. How is your wrapping situation going?

No comments: