Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Last Gymboree Class

Today was the day. After almost four years, I attended my last Gymboree Play&Music Class.

It all began when my Princess was 6 months old. I needed some adult interaction. She needed to be around other babies her age. The answer? Gymboree!Andrea was the Pied-Piper of Gymboree (in a positive way). She got the kids into the activities. She captivated them. The Princess continued taking classes until she was about 2 1/2 years old. She developed some great friendships. So did I!

When the Bear was 9 months old, I got him signed up for classes. He ended up having the same instructor as the Princess had. When we moved, I made sure to locate the Gymboree in our new city. So I've been taking the Bear to this new location for about 6 months now.

I decided not to sign him up for the next session. Why? Because the next set of classes requires really good listening skills. He'd rather run around on his own. He's more of a free spirit and wouldn't be a good example for the other kids. I know he'd listen sometimes. Yes, he would. But for as pricey as these classes are...I think our time there has come to an end.

But today was an amazing day. As we were driving there, he wasn't in the best of moods. I think he wanted to stay home and veg and play with his sister. But when we got there? He ran around. There were only FOUR kids total in the class today. I guess some kids were sick. Usually there about 10 kids. He had a blast! He went crazy for the bubbles like normal. The other Moms were amused by his facial expressions. He stayed under the parachute when we moved it above them - he usually runs out. He rode in the parachute as we moved it around like a merry-go-round - he usually holds an edge and walks with me. What was the MOST impressive thing was that he "sang" the songs with us. We usually sing "Twinkle-twinkle" and "The Great Big Cat" along with hand movements. He was saying some of the words to the song AND doing the hand movements! He NEVER does that!

I'm so happy that our last day at class was successful. He had a blast. I had a blast. A good end to a wonderful play experience for us all.

No comments: