Thursday, December 30, 2004

Resolutions anyone?

I haven't done resolutions in YEARS! I've been contemplating a couple things in my mind. I think it's high time that I write a couple down and stick to them. If I keep the list small then there's a higher likelihood I'll stick to them. Right? Right! I'm enthusiastic about it now but we'll see as 2005 rolls along.

1. Lose 10 pounds by the end of the year

This sounds like an easy one. But it's difficult. I don't eat much per day. This resolution will encompass a commitment to eating more healthfully and working out. I need to drink more water each day. I need to limit my caffeine intake. I need to eat more veggies/fruit. I need to increase my calcium intake (yogurt/cheese/milk) per day. For me, this one is about getting my health in gear. Getting back to a body that FEELS good. It's funny how some of the Moms at preschool have commented on how thin I am. Okay. I might look fine with clothes on but when I'm oh-naturel it's a big ole mess. I want to be strong and more energetic for the kiddos. They deserve more.

2. Limit my internet time to 2 hours per day

I'm fighting this urge to get totally sucked into the internet. I feel so drawn to it. But it takes time away from my kids. Like I said previously, they deserve more. I need to prioritize. I need to put them up higher on my list of daily needs. What I can do to limit my internet time is type out my entries on the laptop while I'm in the family room with the kids. Then I can just copy/paste it in here. Then all the time on the internet would be reading my favorite blogs. I wouldn't be checking on folks multiple times a day in the hopes that they've updated.

3. Write/email one friend per week

This is going to be commitment that should be easy to keep once I get on a roll. As I was writing out the envelopes to my holiday cards, I realized that I didn't know what was going on in the lives of many people in my address book. I think that writing to at least one person per week will get me more involved with my long-distance friends. I'll feel more in touch. I'll be a better friend.

Short list, eh? What's YOUR list look like?

No comments: