Wednesday, December 1, 2004

Sister moments

My sisters (my younger sister and my older sister) and I tend to get silly when we're together. We didn't let the long weekend go by without a few "sister moments".

I noticed that my older sister has lost some weight. I told her to buy the specific jeans that I like to buy. I told her that she'd probably fit into a size 8! She mocked me "Yeah, right!" What did I do? I pulled her into the bathroom and let her try on MY jeans. The ones I was wearing! The LOOK on her face as she pulled them on and zipped them without any problems was PRICELESS! She couldn't believe she fit in them! Now she can go on-line and check for sale items without having to venture to the store!

You should have seen us three hightail it out of the room but trying to act casual about it when we figured out that it was my oldest sister (and black sheep) that my Mom was talking on the phone with. None of us wanted to talk to her (she talks endlessly about herself).

The two had just arrived at my Mom's house when my younger sister said that my older sister wanted to look at houses. Did I say anything to anyone? I basically bolted for the door. We were going out without any carseats or boosters in my younger sister's sports car. Woohoo! We barely made it back in time for dinner!

How we all starting praising my Mom on how fantastic her lasagna is. We were trying to convince her that it had been WAY too long since she'd made it. And when she did decide to make it she'd have to send out a call that that was what she was cooking. I'm sure everyone would be at her house in no time flat. My BIL totally loves my Mom's lasagna. Mind you...we were having this discussion as we were all pounding back the spaghetti with homemade sauce she'd thrown together for dinner.

If you can't already tell, I ADORE my two sisters. No matter what I'm there for them. They make me laugh. They know me. The real me inside. They know my strengths. They know and don't take advantage of my weaknesses. They hold me up when I'm down. They comfort me when I'm sad. They're good people. I'm so glad they're my sisters!

No comments: