Friday, December 17, 2004

Will the pushing ever stop?

Yes! There's a lot of pushing going on between the kiddos.

The Bear wants to push his sister in fun. The Princess gets tired of him pushing her.

My role? I'm the referee. I actually think I could qualify to work for the WWF or the U.S. Boxing Association!

They oftentimes do the chasing business. The rules? No pushing in the back (this is a guaranteed SPLAT situation). No running towards the glass french door (in case their "brakes" malfunction). No hitting each other as they go opposite directions (one day there's going to be a broken arm).

Once the Princess wants to take a break, the Bear will end up crawling up on her. Thus, a wrestling match inevitably erupts. My main objective when they're in their sparing match is to ensure "fair play". No biting. No choking. No pulling hair. No kicking. I also try to ensure "safe" play. No wrestling on the couch -- lest they fall off. No wrestling next to the tv cabinet -- lest they bump into it and knock the tv down.

I try to stay out of it. Be gentle. Be nice.

But does the pushing & the shoving ever stop?

*************************************************

On another note: There's nothing funnier than accidentally putting on a child's bottoms on backwards. And then not correcting it. He never noticed that his shorts were on backwards either. Even when I changed his diaper during the day, I kept them on backwards. Ha!

No comments: