Thursday, December 16, 2004

Making Mommy Laugh

There I was standing in the kitchen putting some pens in the holder.

You open your bedroom door and look at me standing there.

At 2:30AM.

[You read that correctly. 2:30 fricking in the morning! I had another night of not being able to go back to sleep after I answered the call of nature]

You: Why is my door closed?

I walk over, turn you around, and tuck you back into bed.

You: Mommy, I had a great dream just now.

Me: What about honey?

You: I dreamed that you were ironing. [Uh, okay. Now I know she's delirious & not fully awake.]

Me: That's nice honey. I'll lay down with you a couple minutes. Then I'll see you in the morning.

You fall back asleep under a minute. You snore away as I sneak back to my bed.

I'm silently chuckling in my head as I finally fall back asleep.

No comments: