Thursday, January 20, 2005

Catwoman editing - WHO got paid for that?

I heard rumblings that this movie wasn't the greatest. I tend to not listen to ANY reviews of movies. Even after the movies have left the theaters and are in that limbo waiting to be released to DVD/video. But I did hear rumblings about this one. Not so flattering ones.

Now I understand why. Who edited that thing? Oh my gosh. I heard that they recut the film right before it was going to be released. Why? Now it's even MORE messed up. In my humble not in the industry opinion.

Why didn't they just leave it? Have us first see Halle as she's woken by her inconsiderate neighbors. Then cut to her painting and being drawn outside by the cat. This is where we'd be introduced to Benjamin. Exit her running out to her office late. THEN to that scene (the scene they put as the first scene of the movie) where she's trying to hurry her way into the office. I'm not too sure which office scene was supposed to be first though. The one where her boss sees her at her desk. Or the scene where Benjamin returns her wallet. Then she pulls in a late night trying to get the colors right for the boss. Then her attempting to deliver the new ad to her boss.

What told me they reshuffled these scenes in the beginning? Anyone notice her unique outfit? Like she wore it TWO days in a row? Like everyone else in the office had the same outfits? TWO days in a row?

Oy! What a mess!

But I watched the movie. Yes, I did. Go ahead a smirk. My husband did. I watched it all the way through (when he wasn't home). I had to finish it because I had to watch that sexy tall drink of water of a man -- Benjamin Bratt. Wowsers! What a cutie!

No comments: