Saturday, January 22, 2005

It's 3:30pm...gues what I've been doing?

I've been cleaning up.

Cleaning up? Why is that unusual? Because it was more poopy clean-up!

We put the Bear down for his nap at about 1pm.

I heard him about 3pm.

My hubby went into get him.

"Honey! I need help!"

What did I see when I came into the Bear's room?

I was assaulted with the smell of poopy. My hubby had my son at arms length. He was taking that kid to the bathroom to hose him down.

Me? What was my task? To get the bedroom clean again.

I inspected each crib friend (4 stuffed animals) to determine if any of them had been assaulted. Thankfully, none of them had been violated. I pulled the linens off the bed (bleah!) and threw them into the washer. On HOT. On the longest cycle possible. With extra laundry detergent. With an extra rinse cycle.

Task two was to wipe down the crib rails. I noted two specks of poopy on the wall. So I KNEW the Bear's fingers had touched those crib rails. Argh! After I wiped them down with Lysol. I let the crib dry. Then I sprayed Lysol on the entire thing.

Task three? Vacuum the carpet. I wanted to make sure that any tiny specks that might have fallen onto the carpet were vacuumed up and thrown into the trash.

The room is smelling fresh and clean now. Thanks to my cleaning efforts. AND to the wide open windows.

Now is anyone else dealing a child's fascination with his/her poopy? Tell me I'm NOT alone!

No comments: