Saturday, January 22, 2005

More progress on the house

We checked out the house this morning.

They've blown the insulation into all the exterior walls. The insulation is dry. They've shaven the extra off, so it's flush with the 2x6's. I can tell that they've cleaned up in the interior. There were a handfull of nails lying about -- MUCH less than previous visits. What was on the floor was mostly the shaven insulation. They've got the scaffolding up outside the house. I think that means they'll be blowing the exterior stucco soon.

We dropped by the sales office to sign some change order papers. Thankfully, we did stop by because we were able to meet one of our new neighbors! I'll call him "Jeff" because I like that name. Jeff looks in his late 30s & is in the cul-de-sac across the street from us. It's his house that is about a week ahead of ours. Jeff has our same floorplan but he's getting an extra bedroom instead of the loft. Turns out that Jeff has FOUR sons. Yes...FOUR! Ages 10, 8, 4, & 2. How much testosterone is in THAT household? I'm wondering if his wife is a stay-at-home Mom. I'm just glad we were able to meet one of our neighbors!

No comments: