Wednesday, January 5, 2005

Where?

Let me tell you that my hubby has the WORST set of observational skills possible. A man who has a bachelors degree in Finance. A man who has an MBA. A man who used to be a navigator in the military. He does not pay attention to what's around him. I know that's one thing that they try to get military personnel to do.

"Be aware of your surroundings!"

Last night I was reading an article in the newspaper about Mexican restaurants. Specifically, how Wendy's will be closing a bunch of Baja Fresh locations in the mid-West.

Me: "It says Chipotle Restaurant continues to be #1 in sales for fast food Mexican."

Hubby: "Go figure."

Me: "It says that Wendy's is going to close about 20 Baja Fresh locations that are doing poorly."

Hubby: "Did they say where?"

Me: "It says there's one here!"

Hubby: "Really? Well, it wasn't listed in the phone book. Maybe that's why that location did so poorly. No one could find it."

Me: "Hmm...at least we've got a Chipotle near us. We should go there soon."

Hubby: "There's a Chipotle near us? Where?"

Me: "At X Road & Y Street" --> Please note that this is the main cross-street nearest my hubby's office.

Hubby: "Really? Where?" [He's got a lost look on his face]

Me: "Right next to the Trader Joe's."

Hubby: "There's a Trader Joe's on that corner?" [Looking even more confused]

Me: "Yes honey. There's a Chipotle and Trader Joe's right next door to each other. Right next to the KB Home office. On the southeast corner!"

Hubby: "Wow! I never saw it..."

Oh my golly! I was so ready to tap his forehead with the palm of my hand. He can be such a dunce! He drives to southwest corner of that intersection when he gets Dunkin Donuts! It's like how he never noticed the Outback Steakhouse on the northeast corner of that intersection.

Sometimes I want to yell at him. LOOK AROUND MAN! Check out your SURROUNDINGS! Geez...

No comments: