Tuesday, February 1, 2005

An artist in the making

I have to share the different outlets my daughter is using for her artistic side...

Example 1: This is a crayon drawing of my daughter (on the right) and her two best boy buddies. She also wrote their names, but I've edited those out (to protect the innocent - lest they get queried on the internet when they're 16 years old - ha!).

Example 2: This is her painting rendition of Simba (right) and his father, Mufasa (left), from the Lion King.

Example 3: This is her Magna Doodle drawing of me (right) and her (left).

I love the fact that she enjoys using all different kinds of art supplies. This week we're starting to make Valentine's Day cards. We'll need enough for her preschool class friends & teachers, my family, and my hubby's family. YIKES! I just realize that we're going to need more blank cards! Supplies? Blank white cards. Sequins. Beads. Foam hearts, triangles, squares, & circles. Plain Elmer's glue. Glitter 3D glue. That's it! She's made about 7 of them so far and each is unique. I'm going to write expressions in the inside like "Be Mine" & "Happy Valentine's" and have her write her name. Hopefully everyone enjoys them. She's had a blast so far making them!

No comments: