Monday, January 31, 2005

Nice reprieve

Can you believe I didn't have time to get online yesterday?

For those who are wondering, I had a lovely time alone. What's crazy? The first thing I did was CLEAN the house. I did laundry too. Why'd I do that? Because I could then RELISH in the cleanliness. Someone wasn't dirtying up the place immediately after I'd finished a task. The carpet didn't have crumbs in it an hour after I'd vacuumed. There weren't spots on the bathroom mirror less than 6 hours after I'd wiped it down. The odor of Lysol & Pinesol lingered in the air. Ahhh...

After I finished cleaning & doing the laundry, I headed out. I strolled leisurely through Target. I had my TINY purse without any snacks. I wasn't holding a sippy cup. I didn't have any toys with me. I could casually look through the store. I bought new sippy cups for the Bear. We're trying to get him off the regular sippy cups and onto ones that have straws. I bought a tentative birthday gift for a party the Princess and I will be attending next Saturday. Next, I ventured through Kohl's looking for more tentative birthday gifts for this boy. You see, I knew that a couple of the Mom's had already shopped at Target for this little boy (Batman fanatic) and I didn't want to end up with the same gift. That's why I ended up checking out what Kohl's had in stock. Thankfully, they had some cute t-shirts on sale and I got him a couple.

I went to Blockbuster and checked out what they had left on the shelves. I ended up with "Farscape - The Peacekeeper Wars" and "Little Black Book". Yes, yes, yes. I'm a sci-fi fan. My hubby would cringe every time I'd watch Farscape when it was on Friday nights. When they pulled the plug on that show, he sighed in relief. I was able to watch the 3-hour movie without any comments or interruptions. It was GREAT! I had to rent that Brittany Murphy one because I wouldn't watch it in my husband's presence. He'd say "Why'd you rent that stupid movie?" These words would have come out the mouth of a man who loves "Blazing Saddles". A classic! [gag!]

I picked up five books at the public library. I've got three weeks to finish them before they're due. Truth be told? I've already finished one. Yes! Yesterday, I only had 25 pages to go when the troops got home. I've just begun the second one.

Thankfully, I did have some much needed quiet time. I didn't miss any of them at all. I totally relished in the quiet. Being able to be independent. I saw glimpses of myself -- the way I used to be before I was married or had children. It was nice to focus on me. But now? I'm back to the grind. But a little more fresh.

No comments: