Saturday, January 29, 2005

Waiting anxiously

What for?

Waiting for my hubby to take my children away from me!

What?

He's taking the kids up for a sleepover at his parents house. Yes! All three of them will be 100 miles away for 24 hours!

[doing the happy dance]

I'll be able to lounge. I'll be able to go to the library and browse SLOWLY through the stacks. I'll be able to rent "chick" flicks at our local Blockbuster. I'm going to walk around the townhouse in shorts and a tank top. I'm going to eat salad for lunch & for dinner. No cooking! I'll be able to stay up late. I'll be able to sleep in as long as I want.

But I will be cleaning the bathrooms. Finishing all the laundry. Vacuuming all the rooms. Wiping all the surfaces in the kitchen (floor included).

A few chores can't diminish the time I'll have alone. Alone. Alone. Alone! No one clinging to my legs in protest. No one asking for a snack. No one asking for a video/DVD that they've watched 10 times already.

By the looks of it...they should be leaving in the next 45 minutes or so....

Yippee-kay-yoo!

No comments: