Monday, February 28, 2005

Got the best news today

I spoke with Hubs earlier.

Me: Hi! The kids just ate lunch. Your daughter is drawing & sucking on a cough drop. Your son is hopefully settling down in his crib for a nap.

Hubs: Great! He needs to sleep. I've been thinking...

Me: About what?

Hubs: I think I'm going to hire some movers.

[happy dance...happy dance]

Me: What?

Hubs: I think I'll just hire some people to move the townhouse stuff to the new place.

Me: Okay.

Hubs: Turns out they can also get the stuff in storage (where we used to live - 2 hours away) and bring THAT to the new place too.

[more happy dancing]

Me: Okay. That sounds great.

You see...I've been dreading the move that's coming up. We've got stuff in a couple storage units in the city where we used to live. Then we've got the stuff here at our townhouse. It was going to be a logistical nightmare trying to get everything to the new place. Seriously! With two kids? I can't get ANYTHING done with the kidlings underfoot.

The thought of having professional movers get our stuff to our new place? PRICELESS!

No comments: