Sunday, February 27, 2005

Sickies have hit us

Thank goodness I kept the kids home on Friday. We were supposed to get together with one of the Princess' friends. The Princess woke up around 9am that morning (day off from preschool), so I knew she wasn't 100%.

Turns out that she ended up with an itchy-scratchy throat. The Bear developed one on Friday too. Hubs slept with the Bear in the Princess' bed on Friday & Saturday night. I slept with the Princess in the master both nights. We dosed both kids on Tylenol so they'd sleep better.

The Bear is in the worst shape. His nose is running (clear). He's got a deep cough. The Princess has a much milder version with a lighter cough. But she did wake up around 6am this morning coughing (it sounded like her lung was about to come out of her chest) and crying.

"Mommy...I'm coughing a lot. And my tummy hurts!"

xx Definitely not something you want to hear. But I got her some cold water. It soothed her throat. I rearranged her pillow and fluffed the sheets over her. I stroked her hair a little and she was out again within a couple of minutes.

Hopefully tomorrow is a better day. I won't have the hubs to help tag-team the duo. I'm thinking of keeping the Princess home tomorrow so she doesn't infect anyone at preschool. But she hasn't seen her buddies since Wednesday so I'm not sure how that'll fly with her. We'll see in the morning.

As for me? I've got a touch of the sickness. My throat has been killing me. I'm feeling a little tired. But that hasn't stopped me from monitoring and entertaining the kidlings. Along with vacuuming the house, doing 6 loads of wash, and doing some packing. Bleah....

I'm hoping to watch a bit of the Oscars tonight. My hubs HATES watching the awards shows. I just like to watch to see what people are wearing. AND to hear their acceptance speeches. Some are funny. Some are idiotic. Some are downright touching.

Hope you all had a good weekend. What did YOU do?

No comments: