Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I just had to go hmmm...

Got an email from my MIL today. It was addressed to my hubs, his siblings, my BILs girlfriend, and me.

I'm sure a bunch of you got the same email. It was about a young mother and her path in life. How her view of life changes as she grows older and brings up her children. It was a beautiful piece.

Here's what it said at the end of the piece...

" PASS THIS ON TO ALL THE MOTHERS AND DAUGHTERS AND SONS YOU KNOW....
MAY WE NEVER TAKE OUR MOTHERS FOR GRANTED."

Okay. This email was only addressed to the people above. My MIL is one of 8 children. She didn't address it to any of her siblings. Or their children. It's not like she doesn't know any other mothers. Why to just the group above?

Does she feel that she isn't appreciated? That she feels like we're taking her "for granted"? I wouldn't put it past her.

As I read it, I did reflect on my own mother. How nurturing she was as we were growing up. How nurturing she still is to us as adults. How nurturing she is to our children - her grandchildren. How kind. How selfless. How respectful she is of us with all our faults. I don't take her for granted. I love her with ALL my heart. I know that I don't need for her to see the email I was sent. Because when I see her (like this weekend), I show her how much I love her. I show her how much I appreciate her. And when I don't see her? I call her just because. Not because I'm expected to call her. I love my Mom.

No comments: