Thursday, February 17, 2005

Irritations

What are some things that irritate you?

Here are a bunch of mine (in no particular order):

Stuff at home...

  • When no one else in the house (meaning my husband) straightens the bathroom rugs.
  • When no one puts a new paper towel roll on the holder. (Note: Leaving ONE sheet and then tearing open a new roll and placing the new rolls NEXT to the holder only makes the situation more irritating.)
  • When no one else sweeps the kitchen floor. Especially when it's apparent that there are a TON of crumbs on it. Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. Anyone else noticing the sound?
  • When no one else bothers to restock the diaper basket with more diapers and wipes. If you use the last diaper, you should go get more.
  • When no one washes my insulated coffee container. Even when it's sitting right in the midst of all the other dirty dishes on the counter next to the sink. (Note: Washing ALL the other dishes and leaving my container just sitting there only makes the situation worse.)
  • When you don't empty the small pot that you used to warm up your son's milk. (Note: Leaving the pan there for days on end only makes the situation worse.)
  • When you take a shower and fail to pick up your dirty clothes off the floor and place them in the dirty laundry basket on the washing machine.
  • When no one listens when I speak. Then I have to repeat myself over and over again.

Out and about...

  • People who park in front of my house & have their car facing against the traffic. My BIL always does this.
  • People who park crooked in a parking lot.
  • People who park WAY too close to my vehicle in a parking lot.
  • People who leave the garbage container (we've in a townhouse complex) open.
  • People who don't pick up after their dogs - especially in parks & living complexes. (Note: No one wants to see or smell your dog's $hit!!!)
  • People who stand too close to me in line. BACK OFF!

***************************************

Okay! I'm irritated once more. My hubs was packing his stuff for our 3-day trip. This JUST transpired.

Me: Honey, can you grab the kids' duffle while you're in the closet?

Hubby: Where is it?

Me: It's on that same shelf where you got your duffle.

Hubby: Nope. Don't see it. [he walks out of the closet]

Me: It's right there on that shelf where your duffle was.

Hubby: I didn't see it.

Me: It's up there. [I get up and walk into the closet]

.....

Me: It's right there! [I'm pointing up]

Hubs: This? [He grabs what I've pointed to. It was under an olive green duffle]

Me: Yes. This is the duffle that the kids always use. Is that my bag underneath that green thing? [I'm pointing once again]

...hubby pulls down what I've pointed to.

Hubs: This is a backpack! [He hands it to me]

Me: It's my duffle. Look at it! [I walk out of the closet shaking my head]

....

I took the time after dinner to grab outfits & jammies for the kiddos for the trip. Their stuff is sitting in plain sight in our bedroom. Now did my hubby take the time to throw the kids' clothes into their shared duffle bag? NO! NO! NO! He did not. The two duffles that he took down for me are sitting on my side of the bed. He only took the time to pack his stuff. Selfish? I THINK SO!

No comments: