Tuesday, February 8, 2005

Looks like we're free & clear of the pacifier!

My son turned 2 in January. Yes. He was still using a pacifier when he'd go down for naps and at night. I'll admit it. I let it go on. But he was content. And he only used it when he slept.

Hubs and I decided that we'd let this last pacifier wear down and then we'd go cold turkey. Well, the pacifier didn't wear out. It was "lost".

Sunday night my hubby couldn't find the pacifer. The kid had thrown it out of his crib as a protest because he didn't want to take a nap. He put the little boy down into the crib that night without the pacifier. My son slept. I did hear him complain (low whining) a couple of times but no all out crying happened that night. He slept until 6:45am.

Yesterday afternoon, I put the boy down for his nap without the pacifier (which I found on the floor next to the window). I thought we might as well do the "no pacifier" thing now. Well, the kid didn't nap. Like normal, my husband put the boy down into his crib at the end of the day - without his pacifier. And he slept until 7am. I didn't hear any complaining at all.

About an hour ago, I put the little boy down for a nap without his pacifier. And you know what? He fell asleep. AND. He's STILL asleep. No complaining.

[doing the happy joyful ecstatic dance]

I think we've turned a major corner in our house. No more pacifiers! The only thing we've got left that's babyish are those darn diapers. Gotta get on that potty training business now.

No comments: