Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Graduation

The last Friday of June, the Princess and I will be flying on a plane to see my family. Even though she finished school in the fall, the official graduation ceremony for LilSis will occur that Saturday.

I'm really excited about seeing my family. I love hanging out with them. It's easy. We sit. We talk. We nap together. Yes, that's right. The last time we visited (Memorial Weekend), my sisters and I were talking in one of the bedrooms. We all sounded delirious at one point.

Sis#2: "Let's take a nap."

So that's what we did. I was on one of the bed. Sis#2 was on the other -- with her feet in the opposite direction of mine. LilSis was on the flat cushioned bench at the bottom of the bed. We all zonked out for about 45 minutes. We could hear the kids laughint and running around in the backyard. We even heard people opening the bedroom door trying to figure out where we all were. I know for a fact that the Hubs fell asleep on one couch in front of the tv, while my Mom dozed on the end of another couch with my BILs Mom on the other end of that couch. Yeah. We let each other doze when the urge hits.

But I digress. This next weekend will be an exciting one. The Princess and I will be flying out after dinner Friday night. We'll be getting a rental car so we can come and go as we please. LilSis is having a graduation bbq at the beach (it's actually a park next to the beach) on Saturday. Then we'll all be attending the ceremony on Sunday. The family will probably end up going out to dinner that evening. The Princess and I will fly back home Monday afternoon. This way we can get some rest from all the running around. AND spend more relaxing time with my family.

But this graduation does not signify a new beginning for my sister. It's just another "ribbon" to put on her long trail of awards. This is a Masters in Forensic Science. She received her Bachelor's of Science degree with a minor in History a couple years ago. Whatsl she doing now? She's gaining experience by interning with the City. She's learning a lot, but it's not a paying gig. She's also studying for the LSAT. Yes! She's thinking about going back to school. Law school.

She's a very intelligent girl. My LilSis. But that girl has got to get her life in gear. She's got to get out there. DO SOMETHING! I wonder when that'll be....

No comments: