Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Hosting dinner

Remember the botched gathering in April?

The Hubs and I will be hosting his family for dinner in a few weeks. Yes! We'll be having my favorite group of people in my house.(Gag-me!) I do truly enjoy my FIL and my sister-in-law-to-be. I'll just have to be on my sunny-side behavior for the rest of them.

The event will actually be July 3rd. We'll have the standard barbeque fare. Hot dogs. Brats. Burgers. French Fries. I'm going to have some cut-up fruit. Some dark green salad. What else? Bud Light for those who think alcohol goes hand-in-hand with family gatherings. Pepsi for those who won't let Coke past their lips. Yes, there's some picky ones in the bunch. But I'll go ahead and saute some mushrooms and onions just for those of us who like that stuff.

But I try to make sure everyone has what they need. Being the host? That's what you do, right? Right?

No comments: