Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Nope...not yet

My sister doesn't have a ring on her finger...yet.

Shorty didn't ask for her hand in marriage as yet. But we do know the two of them have discussed it. They've discussed how many children they want. They've discussed where they'd live once they get married. They'ved discussed how he'll support them while she attends law school. They've discussed how she'll support them while he gets his masters.

But there's no ring. No engagement.

There is a time limit though. He got her a graduation present. Why would a present affect their impending engagement? Because he's arranged a weeklong trip to HAWAII in September.

I know my folks would NOT want my sister to go on a trip with a guy. If there was no future. If there was no commitment. So we (Sis#2, Jello, and I) let Shorty know that there NEEDS to be a ring on LilSis finger before the folks will approve of the trip. Yes...it's old fashioned. But it's what's expected.

No comments: