Monday, June 20, 2005

Soon...soon...soon!

I think LilSis will be engaged this weekend.

Why? Because her boyfriend finally met my father on Saturday. I'd mentioned that my father has been out-of-town for MONTHS now. He was getting a house built for my aunt (my Mom's sister) and he was making sure it was built correctly and on-time. He got back late Friday night. He met LilSis boyfriend, Shorty, on Saturday morning.

According to LilSis, my father has dropped more than a few hints that he knows that Shorty is serious.

"Well...I'm getting old now."

"...it's okay to get married."

"...she's never been serious about any other boy."

I know that Shorty wants to have a discussion with my Mom and Dad. But he wanted to first meet my Dad. Then he'd have "the talk" with them. I'm thinking that this weekend would be a GREAT time. LilSis will be graduating. Lots of family and friends will be at the party on Saturday. If he talked to my parents on Friday night, then they could announce their engagement at the party!

But...we'll see.

No comments: