Friday, June 17, 2005

Travel much?

Traveling...

Love to do it. Haven't done it in ages.Why? Because I've got obligations. The kidlings.

I am going to be able to go on a trip next month. A trip alone with my husband without the kiddos. It's a work trip for him so he'll be gone most of the day. That leaves me to my own devices. I'll get to explore without having a bag with diapers, wipes, snacks, and drinks. I won't have to hold anyone's hand. I'll be independent! I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T!

Truth be told? I'm not going to miss my kids one bit. Does that sound selfish? Some might think so. But it's how I truly feel. They'll be with my sister & my Mom. The kids will be fine. Now me? I'll have a taste of life without any obligations other than myself (and my husband). It's something I haven't been able to relish in so long. Since I became a full-time stay-at-home Mom. I never thought I'd be married. I never thought I'd have kids. I always thought I would be single and have a career. Yes. There are a lot of Moms out there who have a career & raise a family. But where I live? I've got NO help. It's just me and my husband. No one nearby to help. You see, when we decided to have kids we resolved that we'd only have family watch our kids (while they were young). Just like the way WE were brought up. Since we don't live near anyone? I'm the one who gets to stay home and raise our kids. It's definitely hard work. Some ladies excel at this job. Me? It's a struggle. I'm NOT the most patient person in the world, so it's one day at a time for me. I get overwhelmed and get frustrated. I'm "on call" 24/7. Never a break. Even when I'm in bed at night I've got an ear out for either one of the kids.

Does anyone relate to this feeling? So anyway, time away from my kids will be great. I'll be able to relax. I'll be able to eat a HOT meal with my husband. I'll be able to sleep in late. I'll be able to meander through a shop and actually LOOK at things I find interesting. I'll get to be ME again. There are lots of days when that person is missing. But I'll get to be that person again. For a little bit.

No comments: