Tuesday, June 7, 2005

Wedding update

The Hubs let me know last night that my BIL & his fiancee are planning on taking a cruise for their wedding & honeymoon in April 2006.

The Hubs told me that he told his brother to forward the cruise info to us. When we initially found out that a cruise was a possibility, the Hubs and I initially figured we wouldn't go. There is NO WAY we'd go on the cruise with the kids. But, the Hubs has reconsidered. He thinks that he and I could go. Alone. Without the kidlings. Hmmm...interesting idea.

My SIL is also requesting the cruise information before she decides if she'll attend or not.

I guess my ILs gave a flat out "Nope, we won't be going" to the cruise. I'm wondering if it's the cruise itself they're not interested in. Or is it the marriage? It's an opportunity for the two of them to do something they've NEVER done. And they'll be with people they know. I just don't understand why they won't even consider going.

Granted, I would have preferred they have their wedding in Vegas. This way we can all meet up and then spread out and do our own thing. No issues with being seasick. But it's THEIR wedding. So the Hubs and I will try to figure something out. It'll probably end up being a "cost" decision. There's another wedding we want to go to in May 2006. We've known about this wedding for 6 months already. Then there might be a wedding for LilSis -- still no progress on that one since my Dad isn't home yet. So the Hubs and I have to determine what we can handle financially in such a short time span.

No comments: