Sunday, July 10, 2005

The countdown has begun!

FOUR weeks from today we'll be on the Eve of the first day at kindergarten.

I can't believe it! I've got to start getting ready!

  1. Get the kids to bed at a regular time. Say 8pm?
  2. Get the kids to wake up at a regular time. 7am? Since school starts at 8am (I think).
  3. Get ME to wake up at a regular time. 5:30? So I have to get ready AND get breakfast and lunch prepared.
  4. Buy school clothes. Not fancy ones. Just t-shirts (long & short sleeved), turtlenecks, jeans, sweatpants, tennies, sweaters & jackets. I don't buy outfits either. I buy a bunch of separates in basic colors so it's easier to mix & match. Same thing I do with my own clothes.

Now when does school start for your kids? In September? In August?

I'm excited that the Princess will soon be enjoying the fun of kindergarten. The school will be holding a "get-to-know us" day towards the end of this month. The new kindergarten kids can see their classroom and meet their teachers (they move between 2 teachers each day and have a 3rd when they have music). This way they'll be able to feel comfortable with the situation before the regular term begins.

I'm sure the Bear will be SO ecstatic when his sister is at school. He won't have to "share" me with anyone. Now that she'll be in school I can also sign HIM up for activities and not feel a time pressure.

The start of the school year will be a good change for all of us!

No comments: