Monday, July 11, 2005

What a way to begin

"Thump-thump-thump-thump [pause] thump [pause] thump..."

"Thump-thump-thump-thump [pause] thump [pause] thump..."

Think circus peanut vendor kind of backbeat. That's what I heard. The sound of thumping. Close by. I only heard it a couple times. But enough to wake me from my slumber. I tried to get back to sleep.

"WHIRRRRrrrrr..."

Why am I hearing the sound of a hand air drier (the kind in public restrooms)?

"WHIRRRRrrrrr..."

[Engine idling in the background]

"Beep"

Off and on I hear it.

"WHIRRRRrrrrr..."

[Engine idling in the background]

"Beep"

After at least 15 minutes. I give up. I get up. I'm on the computer. I'm still hearing it. Even though I'm on the farside of the house.

I HATE living in a housing development that's still being built.

You know what I heard? The sound of a crew getting one of those pouring crane things ready to pour concrete for someone's slab. I guess they have to clear the air out of the system or something before the concrete truck gets to the site.

The worst part of this situation? It's 3am. THREE in the fricking morning! I've been up for at least 45 minutes. So that means they started just a little after 2am.

I know I live in Arizona. I know the city I'm living in has had temps of 100+ since June 13th. Every day. Today will be the 28th straight day of temps over 100 degrees. And the 10-day forecast doesn't show it cooling down any time soon. But do they HAVE to start this noise so gosh darn early in the morning?

"Beep-beep-beep-beep-beep..."

There's the back-up rap going now. How annoying! What's bad is that there are 3 more homes located across the street behind our house that still need their slabs poured.

No comments: