Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Honey, did you...?

"Honey, did you move the couch?"

The last ceiling fan is being installed this morning. It's the one that's going in our family room. The room that has the 20 foot ceilings. We were asked to move the couch (we have a sectional) so that they could put in a large ladder.

At dinner last night, the Hubs told me we'd move the one section before we went to bed.

That's all well and good, right? No.

The Hubs went to bed right after the kids. And I was on the computer and forgot to remind him.

Hence, my question to him at 5am this morning as he passed by my sleeping body.

Me: "Honey, did you move the couch?"

Hubs: "Oh no. Not yet."

Me: "Do you need my help?"

Hubs: "No. I should be fine. Go back to sleep."

I hear sounds. You see, our master bedroom is right next to the family room. I continue to hear sounds.

Hubs: "Hon. I'm going to need your help."

I drag myself out of bed and stumble into the family room.

Hubs: "Okay. I'm going to need you on that side. We're going to lift this thing straight up."

Me: "Hmmm?"

Hubs: "Go to that side."

Me: "I don't think..."

Hubs: "We need to lift the fucking thing up to get it free!"

I go to my side still half delirious with sleep. We tug. NOTHING moved. I stand up and look at him. I'm awake.

I shake my head. I walk over to where he's standing. I lift the corner section (the piece next to the piece we need to move). The piece we need is free.

The Hubs notes that the piece is now no longer attached. He takes me by the shoulders and steers me back to the bedroom.

Hubs: "Okay. Thanks. Go back to sleep. I've got it from here."

I guess he realized that he was wrong. He realized he was wrong for cursing at me. He realized I took 10 seconds to look at the situation and accomplished the task. Sometimes you just have to listen to the Mom in the house!

No comments: