Monday, July 25, 2005

Don't complain! Go with the flow...

Going to the airport is a hassle for some. I used to be on a plane twice a week when I was in consulting work. I went through a couple particular airports on a regular basis. I've learned when to "push" people and when not to.

On my vacation, I saw a man "push" a situation.

The Hubs and I were in line to go through the security checkpoint to get to our gate. We weren't in any hurry. But I did maneuver us to the shortest line. I quickly took off my flip-flops and put my purse in one of those grey bins. I walked through the scanning arch when they directed me to do so. As I got to my grey bin I turned around to locate the Hubs. He wasn't at the scanning arch. It was some other guy -- the guy who was behind us in line.

Security agent#1: "Sir, you're going to have to remove your shoes."

Guy: "What?"

SA#1: "Please remove your shoes and place them in the bin."

Guy: "But they're tennis shoes!"

Another security agent (SA#2) on the "safe" side heard the discussion and chimed in.

SA#2: "Just send him on through."

SA#1: "Go ahead sir." [motioning the man through]

The Guy glares at SA#1 as he steps through the scanning arch. No bells. No whistles.

SA#2: "Sir. Please step over there and sit down."

That's right folks. SA#2 directed the guy over to the inspection area. He was going to have to strip! HA! The Guy gave them attitude and that's what he got. Delayed even more. What's funnier is that they had to call for a male security agent to come over and 'inspect' him. I was laughing and giggling as the Hubs and I walked away. I couldn't HELP IT!

Lesson? Don't MESS with the personnel at those airport security checkpoints. Okay?

No comments: