Tuesday, July 26, 2005

So much to see!

I couldn't believe how much there was to see in Downtown!

When we checked into the hotel, we received a map of the area. There were lots of places to go. And it was all within a mile or so from the hotel!

At the Field Museum, I saw a fantastic archeological find. They call the dinosaur "Sue". It is the most complete finding of that particular type of dinosaur -- they found 90% of it! The Field Museum also had various Egyptian and Asian artifacts on display.

When I stood on the jetty (where the Field Museum of History, the Shedd Aquarium, and the Adler Planetarium were located), I was able to see such AWESOME views of the Downtown skyline.

Check out the amazing view of Downtown as I walked across one of the bridges. The sky was so blue. There was a slight breeze. The flags along the bridge tossed and turned with each puff of wind.

What's interesting is the variety of buildings in Downtown. The building below is on the right side of the river. Note the bridge with the flags at the bottom of this photo? That's the bridge I was standing on when I took the photo above.

It was a very interesting place to be. What amazes me the most is that people were walking up and down this main street all day long. ALL DAY LONG. From sun up. To sun down. Walk, walk, walk, walk, walk...

But there's a lot of see. The buildings were varied and interesting. There were flags posted all over the place. The flowers and plants were in bloom. It was beautiful. Fun place to explore!

No comments: