Thursday, July 14, 2005

Still no announcement

No, I'm not talking about LilSis.

This is about my niece. The 2nd niece (Niece#2). The daughter of my oldest sister (BigSis#1).

Why am I mentioning her? Because she's engaged. I know I've mentioned this SOMEWHERE but I don't feel like scrolling back to figure it out. We STILL have not received an official announcement regarding this engagement.

SERIOUSLY!

BigSis#1 has not mentioned it to either my Mom or BigSis#2 the couple of times she's spoken to them. We aren't bringing up the fact that we ALL know about the engagement. We feel that my oldest sister should let US know what's happening with her children. Don't you think? Don't you think it's her responsibility? Anyway, BigSis#1 just spoke with my Mom last Friday to let her know of their "Hurricane" plans. And not a word was mentioned about the engagement.

Hmmm....

We're all wondering when she's going to say something. Are we just supposed to find out through the grapevine? Are we just supposed to bring it up to her that we know?

HA!

Not one of us is going to. The last time we saw her she said that she doesn't feel a part of us. But we feel that to be a part of us you have to give yourself to us. Open up. Let us in. So that's what we're waiting for. For her to let us in. She has to open up to us on what's going on. It might be a difficult time in her life. But that's the best time to let others (your family!) help you. Support you. All you have to do is be strong enough (or humble enough) to reach out.

No comments: