Saturday, July 2, 2005

Stuff about the Princess

Traveling with the Princess last week...it made me think of the things she says and the things she does.
Definitely like my side of the family. She'll snort (yes...SNORT) when she finds something especially funny.

When we were on the plane, I was reminded of what a vivid imagination she has. We were on the final approach into the city where my family lives and we flew over a couple areas of water. "That first one there looks like the head of a horse. There's its ear. And there's its mane." And then.... "See Mommy! That's the one leg there. And there's the other one!"

She is very easy to travel with. Especially on the airplane. She hadn't been on a plane in at least a year. When the plane was backing up from the gate, I told her "If you get nervous, I want you to squeeze my hand. You don't need to tell me anything. Just squeeze my hand. Okay?" And squeeze my hand she did when we hit just a couple bumps of turbulence. As we took off and landed both times, she gazed out the window at the scenery. I was able to point out landmarks. We checked out the clouds. We counted how many boats there were in the water.

Here's one of her creations. She got some dried leaves and a stick...and made a TREE!

The graduation ceremony was pretty dry for a 4 year old. The cure? A trip out to the lobby for a cookie! That's all she needed. But what made me most happy was that she happily walked to and fro to the various locations we were going. The car to brunch to one graduation site to another graduation site to the car (finally!).

I didn't want to stay at my folks house all the time, so I made sure to get out and about. That's why I got that rental car? Since we were on the go most of the time, she did not complain. She was happy as a clam being shuttled around. She REALLY liked that PT Cruiser. I think she really liked being alone in the backseat (no little brother to contend with). When she did get tired. She slept in the car. When we got to our destinations she was all over the place. Not at all reserved and clingy...like she can be sometimes.

She has a very mature vocabulary. Just yesterday afternoon she said "Oh no Mommy. It's a possibility that he's just hungry." We were trying to figure out why the Bear was being fussy. I have to remind myself that she's going to be five in a couple more months.

She really understands WHAT her brother is saying. Sometimes I'll have to really look at the Bear and concentrate. The Princess will look at me and say "Oh, he said...." and she'll be right about 95% of the time.

Oh how she likes BBQ. She's my girl! She especially likes marinated steak (Mr. Yoshida's Teriyaki Sauce) and marinated chicken breasts (any Italian dressing).

A flirt? My daughter? Uh....yes! Especially if the boys are older. Like teenagers! Last week our new neighborhood teenager was skateboarding with a buddy of his up and down the street. You know what the Princess did? She had been riding her scooter and had her knee & elbow pads on. She began to "practice" falling down as they rode by. "Oh help me. Help me. I've fallen and I can't get up." That's what kept going through my mind. Now WHERE in the world did she get the idea to fake fall to get attention?


That's what she's been doing lately. I can't recall all the things she's been up to. Those are the things that have stuck out in my mind.

No comments: