Sunday, July 3, 2005

Under the knife...

There I was rinsing off dishes & placing them into the dishwasher. My MIL drops off a plate next to the sink. My SIL, my BILs fiancee (BILF) and the Hubs' cousin's wife (THCW) are sitting on barstools in front of me.
MIL: "I'm thinking about getting liposuction."

SIL: "Where?"

MIL: "Around here." [circling her hands around the tummy and hip area]
I found my MILs comment very interesting. A couple years ago, she had to get some surgery. She "had" to get the extra skin from her eyelids removed because they were effecting her peripheral vision. Post-op I remember her anxiety about the pain she was in. I also remember a comment she made.
MIL: "I can't believe people do this voluntarily. I would never do it if I didn't need to."

Then there she was today. Saying that she was contemplating getting liposuction. I can just imagine how much more painful a liposuction recovery actually is. Have you SEEN how rough those plastic surgeons are when they perform a lipo?

My BILF, THCW, and I discussed this very topic. We (THCW and I) talked about how after being pregnant that our breasts are different. THCW said that she would definitely like to get hers done. To make them perky again. I said that after being pregnant, I might still be the same size but things have shifted. I now have to 'get them into place.'

If I were to rank procedures, what would I like to get performed?

(1) Get my eyesight corrected. I've got REALLY severe myopia. And I've got astigmastism. My cornea is too thin to get any kind of significant correction with Lasik. I had that avenue checked out about 5 years ago. I'd have to get Phakil Intraocular lens implants. If I only had enough money to correct anything, I would definitely have my eyesight corrected.

(2) Get a tummy tuck. Post baby? I've got some extra skin that I certainly don't need.

(3) Get a breastlift. The Hubs would LOVE it if I would get an augmentation. To the size I was when I was pregnant. But that size would be too cumbersome.

That's it. Seriously!

If money was not an obstacle, would YOU have plastic surgery?

If yes, then what would you have done?

No comments: