Friday, August 26, 2005

Another thing goes wrong

I don't know what it is but my neighbor? The Guy Across The Street (GATS)?

The man who is notorious (ALREADY) for making bad decisions? The one who made fun of my yahoo email? The one who had his water turned off because of a leak? The one who had a bunch errors to get fixed?

About 1 1/2 weeks ago, he told me that his TV (a huge 40 inch one) wouldn't turn on. He said that he tried it one morning and it wouldn't work. He talked to his wife when she came home and she said that she'd found him past out on the couch and everything but the TV was on. We had a huge storm that night. He figured that his TV shorted out when a bolt of lightening came too close to his house. But I digress...

GATS had been telling people about a month ago that he was using a particular internet service. He kind of smirk-smirked when a couple of us said we were using the local cable company for our television and internet service. You know the look I'm talking about. The expression where you know the person is thinking "What a dork!" He told us that once the subdivision was filled up and the two other subdivisions next to us were built up that our internet service would slow down because of all the traffic. "Fine and dandy Mister Know-it-All" was what was ringing in my head.

Anyhow, imagine my surprise when I received an email from him last night. An email that had an extension from our LOCAL CABLE company.

I guess the other service didn't end up working out for him, eh?

No comments: