Sunday, August 14, 2005

Garage Sale anyone?

Anyone want to come to our first neighborhood garage sale?

The guy across the street (GATS) brought it up on Friday. All of us that know each other in the neighborhood were at a birthday party for one of the kids. We all settled on two dates. August 20th and September 17th.

Last night? The Hubs and I were outside letting the kidlings run around. One family (ONs) stopped by to chat with their two kiddos. GATS came out with his two kiddos a little while later. He said he really wanted to do it next weekend.

Me: "Who's gonna make signs?"

GATS: "We've got to put an ad in the free space in the paper."

Me: "So are you going to email everyone and let them know?"

GATS: "I don't know everyone's email. I'll just call them."

You know what? I'm going to participate in this garage sale because I have to get rid of stuff. But I am not going to organize it. I didn't decide on the date. He wants to have it so bad next week? Let him inform everyone. I know what I would do. I would create a flier and put it in everyone's mailbox. I know I don't know everyone's phone number so that way everyone that's moved in can participate.

I'm acting a little negative at the moment because GATS was acting like a 'know it all' last night.

Me: "What's your email again?" [turning to the other neighbors]

ONs: "Oh, it's ABCD at 12 dot net."

Me: "So you use 12 as your provider too?"

ONs: "Yeah we do. Do you? But you have a yahoo email, right?"

Me: "I did that for convenience. That way I can check my email wherever I'm at. At my folks. At my sister's. Doesn't matter where I'm at."

GATS: "Isn't it more expensive to pay 12 dot net and yahoo?"

Me: "I just use the free yahoo account."

GATS: "But it's so easy to check your email from anywhere. You just have to go to 12 dot net."

Me: "Uh..."

GATS: "It doesn't matter what computer you're using."

Okay. In my head I'm trying to formulate an answer. A justification for WHY I'm using yahoo instead of my internet service provider. I know with some ISPs that I've used in the past that it's cumbersome to check emails on a computer that doesn't have that specific software on it. You people know what I'm talking about? But before I could say a word...

ONs: "I know when we moved to this house, we had to change cable companies so we lost our other email account. Using yahoo you always have it. It doesn't matter what ISP you use."

I knew I liked the ONs. This just gives me more proof that they are REALLY terrific people!

No comments: